[Coin-discuss] OsiCbc

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:31:33 EDT 2005

Hi John,

I'm trying to fix the issue you reported with the OsiSymSolverInterface.
I committed one fix that may help, but I am still looking at it. In
doing so, I noticed some related issues:

1. The methods you added to CoinHelperFunction.hpp in version 1.13 on
3/24 do not compile with gcc 2.95. The error is:

Compiling CoinFactorization1.cpp
In file included from CoinFactorization1.cpp:11:
include/CoinHelperFunctions.hpp:671: type specifier omitted for parameter
include/CoinHelperFunctions.hpp:671: parse error before `*'
include/CoinHelperFunctions.hpp:701: type specifier omitted for parameter
include/CoinHelperFunctions.hpp:701: parse error before `*'

Any idea what the problem is?

I commented out the functions you added to get it to compile.
Interestingly, the Osi unitTest does not compile either, but it does not
give an error. Instead, the compiler appears to go into an infinite
loop. Strange.

2. Doing "make clean" in the Osi/Test directory actually makes the code
before cleaning it, because of the following target in Osi/Test/Makefile:

unitTest clean :
	(cd .. && ${MAKE} install)
	${MAKE} -f Makefile.test $*

I put a separate "clean" target in Makefile and now it works fine.

Ted