[Coin-discuss] Cgl issues (CglTwomir.hpp, CglClique.hpp, Sun/Forte Workshop)

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Nov 26 12:54:55 EST 2004

Folks,

	In addition to the problem Sven notes w.r.t. assert, there are
two other issue if you try to build CglTwomir under Sun Workshop.  I won't be
able to commit a proper fix for a few weeks (out of time to test on
Linux/GCC, will be off Internet for two weeks) but here are the critical
points, in case anyone needs them.

  * CglTwomir.hpp: Uses two extensions exclusive to GCC

    The name REST, used in the parameter list of several variable argument
    macros, must be replaced with __VA_ARGS__, which is standard.

    CC requires the command line option -features=extensions before it will
    accept the pseudo-variable __func__, which resolves to the function
    name. Add this in Makefile.Cgl as CXXFLAGS += -features=extensions.
    (A portable fix requires more extensive makefile tinkering, which
    I'm out of time to test.)

  * CglClique.hpp: Visibility of private structures

    For reasons that escape me CC has a problem with allowing frac_graph to
    use fnode.  (This seems to match the C++ visibility rules, but this used
    to work, eh? CglClique has been around for a while.) If this bites you,
    add

    struct frac_graph ;
    friend struct frac_graph ;

    between `private:' and the declaration of fnode, around line 81.

CC will spit out some warnings on other files, but these are not fatal.

    							Lou