[Coin-discuss] COIN-OR Foundation created, business meeting in Banff

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat May 15 12:27:50 EDT 2004

We are pleased to announce the creation of the COIN-OR Foundation, Inc.,
a corporation in the state of Maryland as of March 1, 2004.

This is the first of many steps along the road to making the COIN-OR
Project an independent and self-sustaining resource for open-source OR
software.  In particular, we will soon adopt bylaws that provide for
elected Foundation leaders and will also file for federal tax-exempt
status.

Watch the COIN-OR Web pages at www.coin-or.org for status on
these and other developments.  In the meantime, if you are at the
CORS/INFORMS meeting in Banff:

- Please join us for our inaugural business meeting Sunday, May 16 in Max
Bell 253 from 1-2 PM.  (BYOL--Bring Your Own Lunch.)

- Attend the COIN-OR Workshop on Sunday, May 16, 9:00-11:30am, Location
TBA in your program.

- Attend Sessions SC03 (Open-Source Software Tools for Optimization I, Max
Bell Building- MB252) and MB20 (Open Source Optimization Tools II, Donald
Cameron Hall- DCH30S)

Thank you to all contributors and users for your past and continued
support of the COIN-OR Project.  We hope you will take an active part in
the COIN-OR Foundation.

             Matthew Saltzman, Clemson University, Chairman
             Lou Hafer, Simon Fraser University
             Brady Hunsaker, University of Pittsburgh
             Ted K. Ralphs, Lehigh University

             Founding Directors