[Coin-discuss] Row bounds in OsiGLPK and MIP hot starts

Eduardo efsilva at pobox.com
Tue May 4 14:34:13 EDT 2004

Dear COIN Team,

I am using CPLEX and GLPK(4-3) solvers  under OSI.  In my algorithm, I need
to solve several slight different MIP problems many times.  I still have
some problems (probably in my code) but one of them is caused when I modify
the bounds using OsiGlpk.  For example, the method
OsiGlpkSolverInterface::setRowUpper should set a row upper bound.  However,
it is actually setting the lower bound.  This is happening because this
method is just a copy of OsiGlpkSolverInterface::setRowLower.

Another thing I want to do is start the MIP solvers (via OSI) from a
heuristic integer solution I have.  Could you tell me the better way to do
that?

Thanks again for the nice work in COIN and if one of my works is accepted to
be published, I certainly will be citing and acknowledge the COIN team.

Eduardo.