[Coin-discuss] [Coin] New to Coin - B&b& question

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Mar 13 17:31:42 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Laetitia Vermeulen-Jourdan wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to the framework COIN and I have some very "naive" questions.
> 1. Is it possible to realize a b&b with Sbc or must we use Sbb ?

Sbc?

> 2. Is there a manual to use Sbb ?

Not really, other than the Doxygen docs and sample programs.  There is
another sample at http://sagan.ie.lehigh.edu/coin/.

> 3. Is Sbb easy to use in parallel (if its possible) ?

If you mean using Sbb to solve a single problem processing nodes on
multiple processors, I don't think Sbb is designed to do this. You would
need to look at BCP or SYMPHONY (www.branchandcut.org).