[Coin-discuss] OpenTs App Design

matheus at teccomm.les.inf.puc-rio.br matheus at teccomm.les.inf.puc-rio.br
Thu Jun 10 19:29:33 EDT 2004

Hi all,

This is a question about OpenTS.

I am a Java programmer with no previous background on OR. I've been given
the task of implementing a certain problem and after a day of research I
realized it is a VRPTW with these features:

-          1 depot where vehicles come and go at the end of the day

-          Each customer lies at a location and wants to go to another one.

-          Each vehicle picks up 1 customer and delivers him to the desired
location.

-          Customer windows have hard constraints.

-          The goal is to minimize the fleet.

Now, after gathering a lot of information about possible approaches and
existing frameworks that implement such approaches, I am inclined to use
OpenTS because its ease of use and clean design. I would like to share ideas
with anyone who has implemented a VRPTW using OpenTS, and maybe get a hint
or two about what would be a good design for moves, table size, objective
function, etc.

Cheers,

Matheus