[Coin-discuss] About Coin Libraries

DA SILVA RAPHAEL DASILVRP at eps.e-i.com
Fri Jun 4 04:34:38 EDT 2004

	Hello,

	First of all, I want to thank the people who answered me.

	In fact my problem is quite simple. I've downloaded all the Coin libraries to use the Symphony Project. Now I succeed in compiling Symphony with Linux, but first when I tried to install Symphony on Microsoft XP with Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, I failed in just compiling the coin libraries. I've took the Win directory, but I simply don't understand how use the files that I found. I try to build the Osi library using osi.dsp, but when I check build in MVS, it gives me the answer:

--------------------Configuration: osiLib1 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'osiLib.mak' not found
Stop.
Error executing NMAKE.

osiLib1.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

and when I tried to export Makefile it didn't work, not even a failure message.

	So I would say, that now I have enough to work with Linux, but I would still like to understand what I've done wrong with Microsoft.

	Thanks a lot.

		Hery