[Coin-discuss] Re: Bounds Checking

Joseph Young josyoun at nmt.edu
Fri Jul 30 13:15:19 EDT 2004

	Personally, depending on the verbosity level, I would print an
error message to the screen then throw an exception.  If the exception
isn't handled, I'd terminate.

	Mostly I think this kind of error happens when first developing a
program.  For example, I was just working on problem using COIN where
my col indices were off by 1.  However, since my program was
segfaulting when I tried to deallocate the solver interface and not on
that line, it made it much more difficult to debug.  So, personally, I'd
like anything to help me catch my errors more quickly without having to
consult a memory debugger.

Sinc, Joseph Young