[Coin-discuss] GLPK

Ted Ralphs tkr2 at lehigh.edu
Mon Jul 26 13:12:43 EDT 2004

DA SILVA RAPHAEL wrote:

>         Hello,
>
>         I use Symphonie to solve Integer Programming Problems with the
> CLP. I would like to try to use GLPK, because in the Symphonie's
> documentation it is said that one can use GLPK, but it doesn't work.

The OsiGlpk interface seems to be out of date and does not work properly
with the current version of GLPK. However, it should work with GLPK
versions earlier than 4.4. We have tried this with SYMPHONY and it seems
to be OK. Let me know if you have problems with it. In the menatime, we
will work on getting the OsiGlpk interace up to date.

And
> the coin's FAQ pretends that the GLPK-solver is not yet aviable. I don't
> understand.

Could you be more specific? The only mention I find of GLPK in the FAQ's
is where it states that there is an OSI interface for GLPK.

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor
tkralphs at lehigh.edu