[Coin-discuss] Assertion failure

Yan Xu yax2 at lehigh.edu
Wed Jan 28 09:50:00 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 08:55, Jesper Hansen wrote:
> Hi COIN'ers
>
> I'm using CLP and SBB, but I get the following failed assertion:
>
> crewgroups: ../CoinOsi/Sbb/SbbModel.cpp:709: void
> SbbModel::branchAndBound(): Assertion `!newNode ||
> newNode->objectiveValue() < getCutoff()' failed.
>
> What is the problem?
>
> 'Jesper

It looks that the objective value of the root LP is not less than the
cutoff (Upper bound for minimization). In this case, the root should be
fathomed. But somehow it is not, so it gave this assertion failure. I
guess you can print out the objective value and cutoff, and check
whether (1) they are very close too each other or (2) cutoff is set
wrong

Hope this helps.

Yan

--
Yan Xu
PhD Candidate                                          610-758-4042
Industrial and Systems Engineering           yax2 at lehigh.edu
Lehigh University                           www.lehigh.edu/~yax2