[Coin-discuss] CVS status

Livio Bertacco livio at bertacco.it
Thu Jan 15 15:13:28 EST 2004

Dear COIN Team/Users,

I am a PhD student, new to COIN, and I'd like to implement some programs
using the CLP and BCP modules.
I downloaded these (via cvs) yesterday for the first time and tried both
a sample program from the documentation and one of my own, but I kept
getting errors like:

/win/WorkSpace/COIN-OR/COIN/lib/libcoin.a(CoinWarmStartBasis.o)(.text+0x
f23):CoinWarmStartBasis.cpp: undefined reference to
`CoinWarmStart::~CoinWarmStart [not-in-charge]()'

Thinking that something was wrong with my configuration/compiler I spent
a couple of hours looking for mistakes in makefiles etc but then, since
I couldn't find anything, I started looking at the coin source files and
found out that the definition of some CoinWarmStart methods was actually
missing there.
I fixed this easily and was going to report it on this list but before
that I tried a "cvs checkout" again, and indeed CoinWarmStart.hpp had
been fixed and updated from version 1.6 to 1.7 !

So have I been just a bit unlucky or the cvs is always very volatile and
maybe it's better to use the tarballs?

Thanks,
Livio