[Coin-discuss] Re: compiling static libraries

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Dec 29 14:08:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Joseph Young wrote:

> 	This simplest way to make a set of static libraries is:
>
> 1.  COIN/Makefiles/Makefile.location:  Uncomment line 38
> 2.  COIN/Makefiles/Makefile.location:  Uncomment line 39
> 3.  COIN/Makefiles/Makefile.location:  Change GLPK location on line 211
> 4.  COIN/Osi/OsiGlpk/Makefile:  Change SHARED to STATIC on line 2
> 5.  COIN/Osi/OsiGlpk/:  Make in this directory
>
> This *should* create all the necessary libraries in COIN/lib.  If you
> still want to tweak things, you can change the optimization flags to
> whatever you like.  Finally, do not globally change all the .so
> references to .a.  The COIN make process should handle all of that for
> you.

Thanks.

>From this I gather that the .so's become .a's
through the magic of make's string editing.
Don't make a new release for it, but a comment
to that effect would be a good thing.
'Twould ease the nerves of folks who know just
enough to worry about the combination of static
and .so .
Directions to my apartment involve making a right
turn just after passing a "no right turn" sign.
When giving directions, I always mention the sign.

Thank you again for your time and attention.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pilot, does Moya know where we are?"  --   Zhaan