[Coin-discuss] Cbc and miplib3

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sun Dec 19 16:30:53 EST 2004

Sven,

On a quick test it seems okay on my Intel Linux.  Is it an assert or
abort?  Which problems does it fail on?

Looking at code I did add an abort to CbcModel.cpp at line 1543

    if (noTree)
      abort();

I did this because I have not finished some coding but if you have correct
Makefiles it should always work because I added ,noTree=false) to a copy
constructor for CbcModel so nobody else should have been affected.  If
your driver was not re-compiled then I can see you getting the abort.  Try
erasing all your .o files and starting again.  Also tell me if it is that
abort.

Thanks

John Forrest

Sven de Vries <devries at ma.tum.de>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
12/19/2004 08:51 AM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Cbc and miplib3

Hi,

since last week it seems that Cbc aborts (without further explanation) on
lots of miplib3 problems (I observe this on sun and macosx).
(using the runtime script from Sbb/Samples...)

sven