[Coin-discuss] input empty problem?

Tuomo Takkula tuomo.takkula at inform-ac.com
Wed Aug 4 07:18:12 EDT 2004

	Hi,

I'd like to input an "empty" problem in Clp/Osi (or rather a problem
which has a rhs but no contraint matrix coefficients). The way I
tried to do this is to use

   loadproblem (matrix, lbd, ubd, obj, rowlb, rowub)

where matrix is a CoinPackedMatrix with dimensions set to (0,m), and
all other parameters besides rowlb and rowub are vectors with dummy
data, as these should never be referenced.

That should be fine, right?

Trouble is, writing the resulting problem as an MPS file gives a
variable with random bounds and random objective function coefficient
and zero matrix value. That is not correct.

So, is the MPS writer buggy or is the empty problem kept in a
undefined state in memory?

	Best regards
	Tuomo
--
Tuomo Takkula, PhD
Inform GmbH      Pascalstr. 23      D-52076 Aachen