[Coin-discuss] GLPK 4.4

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at engr.pitt.edu
Fri Apr 16 11:42:54 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 08:54, Brady Hunsaker wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 08:03, Joseph Young wrote:
> > 	In case no one noticed, the GLPK 4.4 no longer works with OSI.  However, the previous version 4.3 works just fine.  According to the changelog:
> >
> >         * glplpx.h, glplpx*.c
> >         All API routines were re-implemented using new data structures.
> >         Some new API routines were added and some existing API routines
> >         became obsolete as shown below
> >
> > 	So, some of the routines used by OSI are now obsolete.
> >
> > Sinc, Joseph Young
>
> Thanks, Joseph.  I'll look into updates this weekend and will post a
> progress report by next week.
>
> I knew that the API had changed, but I thought that Andrew had left the
> old API routines in (as well) for the time being.  I hadn't actually
> tested it, though, and I appreciate the bug report.
>
> Brady

I found that glpk-4.4 does compile and handles basic usage in a real
program I have.  However, unitTest has errors for both 4.4 and 4.2 (I
didn't test 4.3).  According to the ChangeLog for GLPK 4.4, "Obsolete
API routines were kept for backward compatibility, however, they will be
removed in the future."

Updating OsiGlpk does need to be done, but it looks like programs should
function without the update.  However, I didn't do a thorough test and
it could be that some features are broken.

Joseph, if you have specific code that isn't working, please describe
the OSI functions you are using or (better) email me a test example, and
I'll work on those issues.  Otherwise, a full overhaul of OsiGlpk will
have to wait a few weeks at least.

Brady

--
Brady Hunsaker