[Coin-discuss] Re: MpsIO (continued)

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 2 11:38:39 EST 2004

Francois,

Will change.  Also I will make functional the formatType 2 (preserve IEEE
accuracy) which may be a useful option as that would be platform
independent (may help Jorg).  As decoding numbers in CoinMpsIO is done
without using sscanf or any library routines one could do the same for
encoding numbers.  This would make things consistent on all platforms.  It
is a bit of work to make work in all circumstances but I could do if
people think it would be a good idea and if I am feeling bored.

The IEEE accuracy option will encode the 64 bit IEEE floating point number
into a 12 character field by translating 6 bits into 64 of the printable
ASCII characters.  This maintains exact numbers including INF or NAN.

John Forrest

"Francois Margot" <fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent by: coin-discuss-admin at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com
03/29/2004 11:24 AM
Please respond to
coin-discuss

coin-discuss at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Re: MpsIO (continued)

Steve:

The row and col names are ignored in
OsiSolverInterface::writeMpsNative(). The call

writer.setMpsData()

in that function (around line 600) passes null vectors instead of
the parameters rowNames and colNames. Replacing on line 605

(const char **)0, (const char **)0);

by

(const char **) columnNames, (const char **) rowNames);

seems to work.

Francois