[Coin-discuss] Bug in getRowActivity()

Tomas Lidén tomas.liden at carmenconsulting.com
Thu Sep 25 08:42:58 EDT 2003

Hello!

I think I've found a bug in COIN-OR for the CPX-interface. (latest
release)

When running a MIP model I have set the limits for a constraint to [36
43]. After running the LP solve (on the relaxed problem) I check the
value with getRowActivity() and get 35.0037. This is obviously wrong.

Then I calculated the value manually and got 36.9963.

My conclusion is that row 1174 in
OsiCpxSolverInterface::getRowActivity() should use + instead of -. If
this is generally true I don't know.

An indication of when a fix for this will be released would be nice.

Best regards,
Tomas