[Coin-discuss] maxcut still segfaults

Paul Pacheco paul.pacheco at wavecode.com
Tue Sep 16 10:29:41 EDT 2003

I posted this earlier, but it has not been commited nor has the problem been
fixed.

I am running maxcut with pvm.

When I start bcps, I get a segmentation fault.

I tracked the problem down with gdb and this is what I have found.

The segmentation fault occurs on

Bcp/include/BCP_vector.hpp:101
Bcp/TM/BCP_tm_msgproc.cpp:175
Bcp/TM/BCP_tm_main.cpp:172

it seems p.slaves.cg is null because it never got initialized in the
BCP_tm_start_processes function because the CgProcessNum is 0, so this case
was not taken into account in BCP_tm_notify_processes. Note the rest of the
code does have the ifs shown in the patch. The rest of the functions do not
assume there has to be a CgProcessNum.

Here is the patch for that.