[Coin-discuss] segfault running maxcut

Paul Pacheco paul.pacheco at wavecode.com
Fri Sep 5 11:29:42 EDT 2003

I got pvm to start the process. The executable that was generated by make was
called bcps, however, the link on the PVM_ROOT/bin/PVM_ARCH needed to be
called bcpp.

Next problem is that now when I start bcps, I get a segmentation fault.

I tracked the problem down with gdb and this is what I have found.

The segmentation fault occurs on

Bcp/include/BCP_vector.hpp:101
Bcp/TM/BCP_tm_msgproc.cpp:175
Bcp/TM/BCP_tm_main.cpp:172

it seems p.slaves.cg is null because it never got initialized in the
BCP_tm_start_processes function because the CgProcessNum is 0, so this case
was not taken into account in BCP_tm_notify_processes.

Here is the patch for that.