[Coin-discuss] Osi Defaults - Mps Reader / Writer

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Tue May 27 09:37:26 EDT 2003

This is probably not an issue in most cases... but it seems we have
moved to using for OsiXxxSolverInterface::readMps the Coin native mps
reader, but for OsiXxxSolverInterface::writeMps the Xxx solver's
internal mps writer.

In the case of OSL, the internal mps writer has a different default
precision (less) than that of the Coin native mps writer.

Perhaps we should do one of the following:

1.) move the OsiXxx read and write mps to use the internal solver's mps
interface (if one exists) - this would make it so the user gets what
they would have expected (i.e., if they had used Xxx directly) - which
is good, since Osi is suppose to be transparent

2.) move the OsiXxx read and write mps methods to all use the Coin mps
interface - this would enforce a strict standard (at least for COIN users)

3.) add an argument option to use either Xxx's or the Coin mps interface
with the default being Xxx's

I suppose 3 is the best option and might be applied to any similar
scenario - where Coin and Xxx have like (but not exact) methods.

Thoughts?
Matt

--
Matthew Galati