[Coin-discuss] modeling with GNU MathProg

Brady Hunsaker hunsaker at isye.gatech.edu
Tue May 20 10:51:44 EDT 2003

A model class seems reasonable to me.  Are you imagining that an
OsiSolverInterface object would be contained in the model class, or
that the model class would inherit from the OsiSolverInterface class?

Also, I'd really like to hear any other opinions out there.

Brady

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:29:31AM -0400, Alan King wrote:

<snip>
> Would appreciate any thoughts out there on structuring interfaces between
> modeling methods and solver methods.

<snip>
> Maybe we should build a "model" class (OMI?) that has this function of
> communicating between modeling languages and solvers.
>
> Alan
>
> Alan King
> Mathematical Sciences, IBM Research
> http://www.research.ibm.com/
> http://www.research.ibm.com/people/k/kingaj/
>
> University Relations: University of Washington
> http://www.washington.edu
> http://www.ibm.com/university

Brady Hunsaker
Georgia Institute of Technology
Program in Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering

E-mail address:   hunsaker at isye.gatech.edu