[Coin-discuss] LP / MIP

Jesper Hansen jesper at carmen.se
Tue Jun 17 07:07:52 EDT 2003

I'm solving a problem by simple column generation. First columns are added
iteratively and finally I solve the IP problem given by the generated
columns. I'm doing this in OSI. In every iteration after adding columns I
use resolve() and for solving the IP I call branchAndBound().

For testing the status of the optimizer call I use isProvenOptimal()
isAbandoned() etc. I however get errors from CPLEX (which I'm using right
now). Looking at OsiCpxSolverInterface I realize that these are only valid
for LP problems. It would be nice to have general versions of these methods.

'Jesper

Jesper Hansen                   mailto:jesper at carmenconsulting.com
Carmen Consulting, Fruebjergvej 3, Box 248, DK-2100 Kbh Ø, Denmark
Telephone: +45 39 17 83 80                 Mobile: +45 61 33 29 69
http://www.carmenconsulting.com