[Coin-discuss] const generateCuts(...)

Yan Xu yax2 at lehigh.edu
Sat Jun 7 23:50:44 EDT 2003

Hi, I am trying to derive a cut generator and have a problem with
generateCuts(...). It is decared as a constant member function, like

CglCutGenerator::generateCuts(const OsiSolverInterface & si, OsiCuts &
cs) const

which means that generateCuts does not change the data of the class.
But, I do not see the reason why it can not modify the date of the class.

My generateCuts(...) does need the ability to change the data in the
class for certain reasons. Anyone knows how to resolve this problem
except for declaring an overloaded non-const generateCuts(...)? Thanks.

--
Yan Xu
PhD Student                                     | Tel:   610-758-4042
Lehigh University                               | Email: yax2 at lehigh.edu