[Coin-discuss] osicplex strange behavior, writeMps bugs.

Vivian.DeSmedt at aisystems.be Vivian.DeSmedt at aisystems.be
Thu Jan 23 09:50:02 EST 2003

Dear Osi,

This mail to report some problems.

first:

In attachemnent you will find a very small test suite.

(See attached file: main.zip)

It pass well for Cpl and Glpk but the last problem fail for Cplex.
If you look at the differences between problem 3 and problem 4 you will
notice that I add just an upper bound to the variable wich shouldn't modify
the answer.

This look like a problem in the cplex osi interface.

second:

It seems to me that there is a bug in the writeMps methode of Cpl and Glpk.
Both forget to take into account the type of problems (minization or
maximization) I guess both suppose minimization.

To prove that I generate problem for minimization and maximization and
nothing change.

This is after all my test just a bug report.
Tell me what you thing about it.

Vivian.