[Coin-discuss] COIN on a Mac

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Jan 4 13:55:33 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 ScottWelz at aol.com wrote:

> Also, I needed to make a change in the OsiClpSolverInterface.cpp file.   When
> making the library, the system was not finding the #include <time.h> file.
> I needed to change this line to #include <sys/time.h> to get the time
> functions needed.   Not sure if this is an idiosyncrasy of Darwin or a bug in
> the code.   If it's not a bug, I’ll need to add a conditional to handle the
> #include for Darwin while leaving it the same for everyone else.

time.h is an ANSI/ISO C header file, and as such it ought to be included
without the sys/ prefix.  It seems odd that this won't work in Darwin, but
it would have to be counted as a Darwin issue, not a bug.  sys/times.h is
a POSIX header, and is where it belongs.

Most of the #include <*.h> directives should eventually be changed to
#include <c*> instead.  I don't know if #include <ctime> would work in
Darwin, but if it does, it's a better fix than Darwin-specific macros.

Scott, could you give it a try?

> Are there any issues with adding these changes to the library?

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs at clemson.edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs