[Coin-discuss] Osi unitTest core dumps / AMPL driver (update)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Feb 26 22:35:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Leonardo B Lopes wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I found another RH8 machine, checked out everything and got the exact
> same problem. Can anyone help?

Yes.  Either un-gzip the files in COIN/Mps/Netlib or change
COIN/Makefiles/Makefile.location by uncommenting the line

	# CoinLibsDefined += COIN_libz

That should fix the segfault, which is an ungraceful way to fail when the
desired input file is not found.  (Libz supports automatic search for
<infile>.gz if <infile> is not present and reads the gzipped version,
uncompressing on the fly.)

More disconcerting to me is the fact that Coin/unitTest fails at
optimization level -O3 without the debug flag.  A workaround while we
investigate some more is to compile the Coin unit with -O2 or with -O3 and
-g.

HTH.  Let us know.

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs at clemson.edu