[Coin-discuss] Fw: OsiStochSolverInterface -- initial objective and outline

Alan King kingaj at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 24 14:47:27 EST 2003

Hello folks

Want to share a couple thoughts on the stochastic project and get your
permission to begin entering code into COIN.

Our first objective will be to write a simple set of interfaces that allow
users to input scenario data, solve, and extract solution data "by
scenario".  We'll derive an OsiStochSolverInterface base class from
OsiSolverInterface, and then provide an implementation or two (OSLSE and
CLP).

Unless there are strenuous objections, it seems to make sense to proceed
as follows:
1) introduce row/column labels into the base OsiSolverInterface (defaults
to string returning NULL) and develop a bunch of sort/extract by label
utilities.
2) base the stochastic information management in OsiStochSolverInterface
on the label utilities (in stochastic programming the labels correspond to
nodes of the scenario tree).

How do I get write permission?

Best,
Alan