[Coin-discuss] Compiling error

Markus Behle behle at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Mon Aug 25 08:08:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've seen your COIN session at the ISMP and wanted to start
using your software. So I downloaded it today
and started compiling the Osi Interface
on a Linux Debian with gcc 2.95.4 (and with 3.0, 3.2.1).
But there were always compiling errors:

Compiling OsiVolSolverInterface.cpp
OsiVolSolverInterface.cpp: In member function `virtual CoinWarmStart*
    OsiVolSolverInterface::getWarmStart() const':
OsiVolSolverInterface.cpp:724: cannot allocate an object of type `
    CoinWarmStartDual'
OsiVolSolverInterface.cpp:724:   because the following virtual functions are
    abstract:
${HOME}/COIN/include/CoinWarmStart.hpp:21:   virtual
    CoinWarmStart* CoinWarmStart::clone()

This sounds like a real error. I also tried it with
different GNU Compilers on a Sun Solaris machine
but the error is of course always the same.
Hmm, it sounded so easy to use COIN...
Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Regards
Markus Behle