[Coin-discuss] osi cplex implementation not MIP friendly

Ted Ralphs tkr2 at lehigh.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:04:03 EDT 2003

Jevan,

I was in a hurry yesterday and didn't read your mail closely enough to
understand the true nature of your problem before I replied. Upon further
inspection, the real issue is that the current version of OSI does not really
have much support for MIP, other than the branchAndBound() method. This will be
fixed in the new version. I fixed the bugs you pointed out in switchToLP() and
switchToMIP(). The problem with isProvenOptimal(), isProvenPrimalInfeasible(),
and isProvenDualInfeasible() is that they are really only intended to process
return codes for LP. Currently, they don't check the return codes for MIP. I
changed isProvenOptimal() so that it should properly detect whether the MIP has
been solved to optimality or not, but the other functions really only work for
LP. Are these fixes good enough for now?

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor