[Coin-discuss] solver awareness for unitTest; `this page intentionally blank'

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Apr 29 12:02:02 EDT 2003

	In the context of a discussion on initial primal and dual objectives
in unitTest, Matt made the comment

  Does it make sense to test a primal solution against a primal objective
  value and a dual solution against a dual objective value, and to give the
  solver realization's unit test the option of which to test (and against
  what value)?

	I gave this some thought myself, and in the end realized that I'm
really leery of giving the solvers an awareness that they're under test. But
we might give the unitTest some slack here: it could check both, and if at
least one passes, the solver passes. Two things are required:

  * A rigourous definition of what constitutes a valid presolver solution
    (primal and dual).

  * An exception that's the equivalent of `this page intentionally blank', so
    that the unitTest can distinguish error from intentional omission.

    							Lou