[Coin-discuss] Having both Core variables AND core cuts core-dumps

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 25 09:06:55 EDT 2003

> using bcp, shouldn't it be possible to have both core variables and
> core cuts?

yes

> I cannot make it work - I get a core-dump when BCP_lp_add_rows_to_lp is
> called in BCP_lp_create_lp.
>
> The following reproduce the error for the MaxCut example.
> Add the following two lines to MC_tm::initialize_core in MC_tm.cpp:
>   cuts.reserve(1);
>   cuts.unchecked_push_back(new BCP_cut_core(0.0, 0.0));

if you declare both vars and cuts in the core, i am pretty sure you also
have to declare the matrix (i.e., describe the rows as well) to
BCP_lp_relax*& matrix... check out the construction in Examples/BranchAndCut

i should also be posting an update to the Lehigh tutorial in the next
week (or two) which will have some very simple BCP examples

Matt

--
Matthew Galati
ISE Lehigh University