[Coin-discuss] CLP_IDIOT

Jesper Hansen jesper at carmen.se
Fri Apr 11 05:18:49 EDT 2003

Hi Coin

I'm trying to get Clp working on Windows. I get a linkage error however:

Linking...
Idiot.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall Idiot::crossOver(int)" (?crossOver at Idiot@@QAEXH at Z)
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/Coin.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Looking at the code I can see that

the method Idiot::crossOver(int)

is called in Idiot::crash(int numberPass). There is however a #ifdef
CLP_IDIOT around the entire crossover method and not around the call to
crossOver in crash. Adding the #ifdef around the call to crossOver seems to
work. I'm not sure what difference CLP_IDIOT does, but anyway it seems to
work.

'Jesper