[Coin-discuss] Small problem with BCP's LP_user::compare_vars

Juan Pablo Vielma jvielma at entelchile.net
Wed May 1 22:29:32 EDT 2002

Hi everyone

            I been working (trying at least ;-) ) with BCP for a while and inspired by the recent submissions I will start posting some small bugs and suggestions.

            The first one is regarding the CompareNewVarsToOldOnes LP parameter and LP_user::compare_vars function. In combination they are used to check if new variables ( form column generation, etc) are different from variables already in the formulation.

            The "problem" is that this works for variables generated in the variable generation module ( BCP_vg_user derived class ), but not for variables generated in BCP_lp_user's derived generate_vars_in_lp functions. This can only be noticed by reading the source code and there doesn't seem to be any reference about this in the documentation.

            I am not sure if this really qualifies as a "bug", but at least a warning note in the documentation would be nice.

            I haven't check, but this probably applies to the cut comparison functions.

Juan Pablo Vielma
jvielma at dim.uchile.cl
Departamento de Ingenieria Matematica
Universidad de Chile