[Coin-discuss] two phase algorithm with algo vars in BCP

jvielma at entelchile.net jvielma at entelchile.net
Tue Jun 11 16:30:09 EDT 2002

sorry for the last email.. here is the rest... well all of it

I am trying to use a two phase algorithm ( as described in the BCP manual ) with BCP ( just B&P, no new cuts ), buy it seems to me that most of BCP features used to implement the 2 ph. algo. work only with indexed variables.

Is this true?

I can try to elaborate on the features and how they seem not to apply for algo vars. I have been looking at the source code, but I still don't have a general picture of it, so I might be wrong

If it is true how can you implement a two phase algorithm using algo vars?

Juan Pablo,

PS this seems to be true also for some fathoming features, like the posibility of generating vars just before a node is fathomed