[Coin-discuss] setColSolution, setRowPrice

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Feb 12 18:01:02 EST 2002

Folks,

	When I coded up OsiDylp, I left these unimplemented. If I were to
implement them, I would take the same approach as OsiXpr --- change the cached
values but never pass them to the solver.

	I really have no good feel for what setColSolution and setRowPrice are
supposed to accomplish. There are specific calls for warm and hot start which
handle those functions nicely. About the only justification I can come up with
is that these functions provide a way to set a known default into the vectors
held by within the OSI interface to the solver (thus guaranteeing known results
for getColSolution or getRowPrice in an environment where the solver may or
may not have been called).

	My vote is to drop these routines unless someone has a good example
where they are truly useful. We could specify the values returned by the OSI
interface in the event its data structures are interrogated before the solver
sets them the first time. If we were to be thorough, we could do this for all
the get* routines. In some cases, throwing an error might be the most appropriate response.

						Lou