[Coin-discuss] Set Cover

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 4 08:24:48 EST 2002

Hi Einat,

Partially. Couple of years ago I tried to solve the Seymour problem, which is
a set covering problem. The code is a bit tailored towards Seymour, but not
much. It uses LP relaxation only, no Lagrangian. The code uses an earlier
version of BCP (not yet OSI based), but should not be too hard to update it.
However, I do not have the time to do it until about next February. If you are
interested I can dig it up, send it to you, and you can try to modify it. When
it works with the current version of BCP it could go into COIN as another
example. BTW, this is all dependent on whether I'm allowed to distribute the
code.

Cheers,
--Laci