[Coin-discuss] Not directly related to COIN, but may be of interest

Antonio Frangioni frangio at di.unipi.it
Thu Oct 25 14:53:50 EDT 2001

I just wanted to point out to one effort of ours, with a much more limited
scope than COIN but with the same aim.

It's the MCFClass project, that can be found at

	http://www.di.unipi.it/di/groups/optimize/Software/MCF.html

I've been working on this for years, but it's only recently that I have
had enough solvers to unleash the project in the wild. Essentially, the
attempt is to define a standard interface for single-commodity linear
Min Cost Flow solvers, and to provide some working and efficient
implementations under the interface in order to stimulate the adoption of
the interface. Currently I have four solvers (two "real" ones, two sort of
"fake"), and I hope to add another one soon, and yet another one in some
time.

Since the project started some five years ago or more, some things of the
interface are not really C++ style. I know it can be improved a lot, but
for now it'll have to do as it is. Comments on the interface itself, on
the relevance of the effort etc. are tremendously welcome, as it would be
if someone would port other MCF codes under the interface.

					All the best

					  Antonio