[Coin-discuss] several questions

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 14 13:01:53 EST 2001

>1.  When using OSL as my solver, everything works well but I want to
>    stop all the output that OSL generates.  Am I correct that there
>    is no way to do this through COIN?  I have tried using OSL's
>    ekk_messagesPrintOff function directly but without success (it
>    compiles and links but just generates the output anyway).  Any
>    suggestions?

How are you using ekk_messagesPrintOff?

The following sequence:
   #include <ekk_c_api.h>
   OsiOslSolverInterface oslSi;
   EKKModel * modelPtr=oslSi.getModelPtr();
   ekk_messagesPrintOff(modelPtr,1,2999);
will turn off informational messages associated with modelPtr.

If multiple models are being created then it might be desirable to use the
sequence:
   #include <ekk_c_api.h>
   OsiOslSolverInterface oslSi;
   EKKModel * baseModelPtr=ekk_baseModel(oslSi.getContextPtr());
   ekk_messagesPrintOff(baseModelPtr,1,2999);
A the moment getContextPtr is a private method, so for this to work some
code would have to be changed.

The above code to turn off messages is specific to the
OsiOslSolverInterface.
(I know you know this, but feel a need to point it out).
Naturally it would be better if the OsiSolverInterface supported
controlling messages in a solver independent way.

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com