[Coin-discuss] Access to dual variable corresponding to a newrow

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Dec 5 16:31:47 EST 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Jonathan Eckstein wrote:

> We can probably just test this.  But if not, it's very bad, because it
> means OSI is not usable for branch and cut when the Solver is CPLEX.
> That seems like something that ought to work if you want OSI to catch
> on.  If there are problems, then we'd better add some functionality.

According to CPLEX docs, CPXdelrows() and CPXdelsetrows() do compress the
deleted rows out of the index list.  The implication is clearly that added
rows are added at the bottom (although the CPXaddrows() docs to not state
this explicitly.

Clemson University Math Sciences          Editor, INFORMS Online
mjs at clemson.edu                           iol_editor at mail.informs.org
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs          http://www.informs.org