[coin-discuss] wishlist

robinlh at us.ibm.com robinlh at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 30 17:47:32 EDT 2000

I suggest we start a wish-list page on the coin site, and track wish-list
items fulfilled.  I'm thinking a bulleted list, indented by projects with
some way for people to vote on what's the most important so we could rank
the items by their desirability ...and prioritize what we do.

Here's my short CGL-centric COIN wish-list
- an open source LP solver
- a state-of-the-art assignment problem solver
- CGL
     - clique cuts
     - flow cover cuts
     - gub cover cuts                                             [Gu,
Nemhauser, and Savelsbergh, 1998]
     - implied bounds                                           [Hoffman
and Padberg, 1991]
     - mixed integer rounding cuts                    [Marchand and Wolsey,
1998]
     - flow path cuts                                                [Van
Roy and Wolsey, 1985]
     - disjunctive cuts                                            [Balas,
Ceria, and Cornuejols, 1993]
     - Gomory cuts (in progress)  ....is this cheating?  :-)
     - Gomory mixed-integer cuts (in progress) ...well, if you're going to
cheat you might as well go all the way.
     - disaggregation cuts
     - preprocessing                                             [ OSL MPRE
source code?]
     - coefficient adjustment                  [Dietrich, Escudero, Chance,
1993]

What's your wish-list?  What does COIN need to make it useful to you??

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/coin

----
To get off the coin-discuss list, send a message containing the word
"unsubscribe" (in the body, not the subject) to
<coin-discuss-Request at oss.software.ibm.com>.

Send Majordomo commands to: <coin-discuss-Request at oss.software.ibm.com>
To contact a human:         <coin-discuss-Owner at oss.software.ibm.com>
To post to the list:        <coin-discuss at oss.software.ibm.com>