[coin-discuss] how much testing code

jpfasano at us.ibm.com jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 25 16:20:33 EDT 2000

When making fixes and enhancements to the code,
we need to have a reasonable amount of confidence that we didn't break
something else.
The testcases (to the extent) possible should provide this confidence.

The Osi & Cgl classes have static unitTest member functions.
This makes writing test cases just the normal part of writing a class.
I think it is a good practice and if I were the czar (or did I mean
benevolent dictator) it would be required.

JP

Robin Lougee-Heimer/Watson/IBM at IBMUS@oss.lotus.com on 08/24/2000 01:14:42
PM

Please respond to coin-discuss at oss.lotus.com