[Coin-announce] COIN-OR Cup second call for submissions: due Wednesday

Miles Lubin mlubin at mit.edu
Mon Oct 13 17:56:23 EDT 2014

Apologies for the cross-posting.

This is second call for submissions for the tenth annual "COIN-OR
INFORMS Cup" competition.

Previous Winners: http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup.html

*Rules*:
- A submission or nomination must contain:
    1. A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR software or valuable
contribution to COIN-OR (or both!)
    2. An explanation of its significance
- The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2014 INFORMS
meeting --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Celebration"
below).
- Submission deadline: *Wednesday, October 15, 2014*
- Please email submissions to: coin-cup at coin-or.org
- Self-nomination is welcomed.
- We encourage nominations of the effective use of COIN-OR that the
community may not know about, as well as nominations from both new
COIN-OR projects and longstanding projects which have not previously
been awarded the cup.

Submissions will be judged by a committee including members of the
COIN-OR Foundation, Inc.

*Celebration*: The 2014 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded during the
INFORMS annual meeting in San Francisco, CA. All entrants and their
supporters are welcome to join in the celebration and regale, rile,
and roast the prize winners. Time and location will be announced here:
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup14.html.

Details of the winning entry will be announced at this celebration
event and posted on the COIN-OR Cup website.

Please email your submissions to coin-cup at coin-or.org

Enter, come, possibly win, and raise your cup with us!

--
Miles Lubin
Ph.D. Candidate / MIT Operations Research Center