[Coin-announce] COIN-OR Cup: second call for submissions: extended deadline Mon 23 Sep 2013

Steven Dirkse sdirkse at gams.com
Wed Sep 18 14:34:55 EDT 2013

Apologies for cross-posting.

We are now seeking submissions for the ninth annual "COIN-OR INFORMS Cup"
competition.

This is our second call for submissions and a one-week extension of the
submission deadline.

Previous Winners <http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup.html>

Rules:

   -

   A submission or nomination must contain:
   1.

      A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable contribution to
      COIN-OR (or both!).
      2.

      An explanation of its significance.
      -

   The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2013 INFORMS meeting
   --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Celebration" below).
   -

   Submission deadline (extended): Monday, September 23, 2013
   -

   Please email submissions to: coin-cup at coin-or.org
   -

   Self-nomination is welcomed and encouraged.
   -

   We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that the
   community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee including members of the COIN-OR
Foundation, Inc.

Celebration: The 2013 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded during the
INFORMS Annual meeting in Minneapolis, MN. All entrants and their
supporters are welcome to join in the celebration and regale, rile, and
roast the prize winners.

   -

   Celebration sponsorship: MPL and GAMS.
   -

   Date, time and location: to be announced, see
   http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup13.html.

Details of the winning entry will be announced at this celebration event,
and posted on the COIN-OR Cup
website<http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup.html>
.

Please e-mail your submissions to coin-cup at coin-or.org

Enter, come, possibly win, and raise your cup with us!

--
Steven Dirkse, Ph.D. (on behalf of the COIN-OR Cup committee)
GAMS Development Corp.,  Washington DC
sdirkse at gams.com
http://www.gams.com