[Coin-announce] COIN-OR CUP: submissions invited by Mon Sept 24 2012

Andrew Mason a.mason at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 3 20:36:09 EDT 2012

Apologies for cross-posting.

COIN-OR INFORMS CUP
INFORMS Annual Meeting 2012

We are now seeking submissions for the eighth annual "COIN-OR INFORMS
Cup" competition.

Rules:
o   A submission or nomination must contain:
     1. A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable
contribution to COIN-OR (or both!).
     2. An explanation of its significance.
o   The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2012 INFORMS
meeting---so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Celebration" below).
o   Submission deadline: Monday, September 24, 2012, by email to:
coin-cup at coin-or.org.
o   Self-nomination is welcomed.
o   We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that
the community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee including members of the
COIN-OR Foundation, Inc.

Celebration: The COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded during the INFORMS
Annual meeting in Phoenix, AZ
(http://meetings2.informs.org/phoenix2012/). All entrants and their
supporters are welcome to join in the celebration and regale the prize
winners.

o   Day: Sunday, October 14th 2012
o   Time and Location to be advised at
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup12.html

The winning entry will be posted on the COIN-OR Cup website,
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup.html

Please e-mail your submissions to: coin-cup at coin-or.org

Enter, come, possibly win, and raise your cup with us!

--

Dr Andrew J Mason
Dept of Engineering Science
a.mason at auckland.ac.nz