[Coin-announce] COIN-OR Annual Activity Report

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Sep 5 16:19:38 EDT 2009

Greetings, COIN-OR community.

We need your help, and quickly.

It's that time of year when we gather information about what COIN-OR
developers and users have been up to so we can tell everyone about it.
We'd appreciate hearing from you!

We publish an annual report, which we distribute at the annual
membership meeting (this year, at INFORMS San Diego) as well as articles
in OR/MS Today and the INFORMS Computing Society newsletter.

To tell our best story, we need your input.  If you are a project
manager with a new project or advances to an existing project this year,
please let us know.  If you are a user with a new or ongoing project,
please tell us what you are up to.  Board, Council, committee members,
this means you, too.  PMs, if you know about users, please encourage
them to join in.

I apologize for cutting this so close, but the deadline for getting
items to put in the OR/MS Today article is Tuesday, September 8, so
please respond as soon as you possibly can.

We have a page set up at
https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/AnnualReport2009 where you can
add any news you have.  There are sections in the report for project
managers and user reports (along with some others).  We only need a
short couple of sentences about who you are and what you are doing
(research? business? teaching? applications? development?).  This is a
quick and easy way for you to demonstrate your support and contribute.
(If you prefer not to use the Wiki, just reply to this message or send
me a note at mjs at clemson.edu.)

For an example, take a look at last year's report at
https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/AnnualReport2008.

Thanks very much for your support!
--
                Matthew Saltzman