[Coin-announce] New foundation legal policies released for comment

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sat Oct 10 09:41:48 EDT 2009

The COIN-OR Foundation's Strategic Leadership Board is pleased to
announce the release of new document outlining a proposed change in
legal policy. This document is now available for public comment here:

http://www.coin-or.org/legal.html

The new policy is aimed at streamlining project acceptance procedures
and ensuring the repository remains as open as possible while
maintaining respect for intellectual property laws and transparency
with regard to the legal pedigree of hosted codes. We would appreciate
any feedback we can get from the user community regarding how this
change in policy might affect your ability to use or contribute to the
growing collection of software in COIN. I hope to see many of you in
San Diego!

Cheers,

Ted Ralphs
Chair, Legal Affairs Committee