[Coin-announce] Call for Papers - Advances in Computational Optimization and Logistics with Industrial Applications

kevin.c.furman at exxonmobil.com kevin.c.furman at exxonmobil.com
Tue Apr 14 15:09:47 EDT 2009

Apologies for cross-postings:

Call for Papers
Annals of Operations Research
Special Volume: Advances in Computational Optimization and Logistics with
Industrial Applications

The Annals of Operations Research is planning a Special Volume on Advances
in Computational Optimization and Logistics with Industrial Applications.
The deadline for submissions is extended to June 15, 2009.

In a world with highly competitive markets and economic instability,
corporate competition has been increasingly intensified. To survive and
succeed, many industries need to develop highly-effective coordination
between supply chain partners, dynamic collaborative and strategic alliance
relationships, and efficient logistics and supply chain solutions. For this
reason, in the past decade, there has been an explosion of interest of
academic researchers and industrial practitioners in innovative supply
chain and logistics models, algorithms, and coordination policies.
Optimization has played such an important role in revolutionizing the way
logistics and supply chains are currently designed and operated.
Mathematically distinctive from classical supply chain management, the
emerging research incorporating advances in computational optimization has
been proven to be useful and applicable in a wide variety of industries.

CALL FOR PAPERS

We invite submissions for a forthcoming Special Volume of the Annals of
Operations Research on Advances in Computational Optimization and Logistics
with Industrial Applications. The Special Volume will focus on bridging the
gap between mathematical optimization research and supply chain management
with industrial practice. We hope that papers published in this Volume will
bring together recent advances in the research areas of supply chain and
logistics research and computational optimization that apply to a
collaborative environment in industry. We expect this Special Volume to be
a collection of high quality research results and advances in operations
research and management science – supply chain practice in the industry.
Researchers and practitioners working in related areas are invited to
submit research papers for possible publication in this Volume. The strict
review process will be the same as that used by the journal.

Topics of Interest (but not limited to):

- Enterprise-wide Optimization
- Mathematical Finance, Pricing & Forecasting
- Advances in Optimization Models & Algorithms
- Optimization under Uncertainty
- Simulation-Optimization
- Planning & Long Term Investment
- Transportation & Logistics
- Process Operations and Scheduling

Instructions for authors can be found at
http://www.springer.com/journal/10479/submission. Please select article
type “S.I.: Adv. Computational Opt. & Log” when uploading your paper.
Submission Deadline: Extended to June 15th, 2009

Guest Editors:
W. Art Chaovalitwongse, Rutgers Univ., wchaoval at rci.rutgers.edu
Kevin C. Furman, ExxonMobil Upstream Research Co.,
kevin.c.furman at exxonmobil.com