[Coin-announce] Announcing TestTools

J P Fasano jpfasano at cn.ibm.com
Sun Apr 13 07:30:01 EDT 2008

Dear users and developers of COIN-OR software,

We are announcing the first release of the COIN-OR TestTools project under
the Common Public License.

The TestTools project (https://projects.coin-or.org/TestTools) provides
Python scripts to automatically download, configure, build, test, and
install COIN-OR projects. They are currently used to run nightly tests of
many COIN-OR projects on approximately 15 platforms (see
https://projects.coin-or.org/TestTools/wiki/NightlyBuildInAction).
Eventually we hope to use these scripts to regularly create and provide
binary distributions of COIN-OR projects for several popular platforms.

Currently, the following COIN-OR projects can be tested with these scripts:
CoinUtils, Clp, Osi, DyLP, SYMPHONY, Vol, Cgl, Cbc, Smi, FlopC++, Ipopt,
Bonmin, OS, CppAD, LaGO, GAMSlinks, CoinAll.

If you would like to contribute your computing resources to run automated
builds and tests of COIN-OR projects, please have a look at the
installation instructions at the TestTools webpage
(https://projects.coin-or.org/TestTools).

Additionally, if you are a project manager whose project is not currently
tested with the TestTools system then feel free to contribute to the file
NBprojectConfig.py
(https://projects.coin-or.org/TestTools/browser/trunk/NBprojectConfig.py)
to cover your project.

With best regards,
Stefan Vigerske, Kipp Martin, & JP Fasano