[Coin-announce] announcing the COIN-OR Open-Source Coding Contest

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 6 16:03:51 EST 2003

The COIN-OR Open-Source Coding Contest:  Win an IBM ThinkPad.

At the 2000 International Symposium for Mathematical Programming (ISMP),
COIN-OR (http://www.coin-or.org) was launched by IBM Research with the goal
of promoting "open-source" software for operations-research professionals.
Our lofty mission was to explore an alternative means for developing,
managing, and distributing OR software so that OR professionals could
benefit from peer-reviewed, archived, openly-disseminated software (much in
the same way we already  benefit  from theory).   In November 2002, a
milestone toward the project's long-term objectives was reached when the
INFORMS board unanimously accepted a proposal to become the new host of the
COIN-OR initiative.  To celebrate, we're throwing a contest!

Visit http://www.coin-or.org/contest.htm  to find out how you can win an
IBM ThinkPad.  Prizes will be awarded August 2003 at the 2003 ISMP in
Copenhagen, Denmark.

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434