[Cmpl] Problems with other solvers

mike.steglich at th-wildau.de mike.steglich at th-wildau.de
Wed Mar 24 07:23:36 EDT 2021

Hi Hendrik,

Thank you for being interested in CMPL.

In Cmpl 1.12 is actually a bug regarding Gurobi. Please copy the files you can download from  <https://nextcloud.th-wildau.de/nextcloud/index.php/s/Y2S5jWenQAFkT4q> https://nextcloud.th-wildau.de/nextcloud/index.php/s/Y2S5jWenQAFkT4q  in Cmpl/bin to exchange the existing files.

For Cplex and Scip you need to edit Cmpl/bin/cmpl.opt. The following works on my system:

CbcPath =

GlpkPath =

ScipFileName = scip.exe

CplexFileName = \Program Files\IBM\ILOG\CPLEX_Studio1210\cplex\bin\x64_win64\cplex.exe

I have copied the scip files into Cmpl/bin (scip.exe, libscip.dll, tbb.dll). Therefore, the Scip entry is only -> scip.exe.

With the Gurobi patch and the entries in cmpl.opt, your problem ran without problems on my system.

To generate a Free Mps file you need to use the command line argument -fm instead -m. -m is for classical MPS which cannot proceed longer names for columns and rows.

Please let me know, whether my hints work for you.

Thanks,

Mike